Hey guys! So today I am doing a skincare life hacks, this year I have made it a mission for myself to take real good care of my skin. From drinking more water, eating less chocolate which will be the worst thing. I love me some chocolate. So today’s blog post is all about skincare and how to take care of it. Let’s get started.
- The first way to take care of your skin is to use sunscreen, a lot of people may have told you this but I can’t stress enough how important it is to do so. Even in the winter, if you wear makeup make sure you apply your sunscreen after moisturizer.
- Moisturize, I can not tell you what a difference it will make. I like to use the Aveeno one because its great for sensitive skin which I most definitely have.
- When wanting to take care of your skin, first figure out what your skin type is, is it dry, oily or a contamination of oily and normal skin. If you have dry skin, your face has lack of oil and is dehydrated. A tip for dry skin is to use a toner to avoid those flakes on your skin and avoid makeup that is alcohol based as it will dry out your skin even more.
- Now with oily skin, your skin collects more dirt than someone with dryer skin. I recommend using a gel moisturizer as its moisturizing but not going to make you look like a grease ball. And when it comes to washing your face go for a foaming wash as it will help reduce shine.
- Hydrate and moisturize. This is so important to do so, all year long for that matter. Drinking 8 glasses of water is so beneficial for your skin and giving you that perfect glowing skin. You may have not known this but drinking lots and lots of water can help clear pimples and reduce the look of dark circles. And moisturize, our lips, face and body get dry all the time and dry skin is not going to make you glow.
- Reducing acne. Everyone gets acne at one point in there life, some have it worst. So to reduce the amount of acne make sure to wash your face twice a day. Also be careful what you put on your hair, your hair can be a big cause to acne. At night your hair can be in your face which can cause pores which will lead to acne.
- Makeup. Don’t wear it everyday, there is no doubt that makeup is one big cause to acne. Use it sparingly to reduce your acne. Don’t wear foundation everyday, try BB cream or just concealer. Makeup ages you much faster so I bet you don’t want to look 30 when your actually 20.
- Clean your cell phone. As you talk on the phone your face has oils which get transferred on to your phone after finishing a call you put it in a purse or your pocket. That creates more dirt added to your phone screen, and when you text your dirty hands are touching the screen. And when its time to take another phone call all that dirt is coming on your face. So clean our phone once a day So that is today’s post folks, I hoped you enjoyed my 8 skincare tips, one big goal for me is to apply sunscreen. I don’t do it often, so anyways I hoped you liked Wednesdays post. Check back on Monday as I am posting every Mondays and Wednesdays. Lots of love, Sonia ❤